Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Rant: My Boss Sucks.

Hi everyone!

I've been feeling pretty down these past two days. I'm sure a lot of you have been in the situation I have. I've been at my job for over two years. When I started this job, I simply loved it. All of my coworkers we're wonderfully helpful and everyone was nice. My boss took notice of my work and appreciated me. We get lunches bought by our boss every now and then. And sometimes we get compensated nicely with nice bonus checks.

I've never worked at a place where I had potential to move up the ladder. I've worked nothing but minimum wage jobs that don't offer raises and management gets paid next to nothing to work overtime all the time.

So I was quite happy. Then halfway into my first year, a coworker that I worked closely with turned into a nightmare coworker. This girl will be referred to as Becky. Becky was the mean girl. She gossiped about everyone. She did anything she could to shove her work onto everyone else. We were actually friends at one point and we were upset because our other coworker. His name will be referred to as Jeff. Well Jeff was lazy. Multiple times he came into work an hour late. One time because he was buzzing his hair before work and messed up so therefore he just had to come in late! That same day I wrecked into a hillside because of icy conditions and still made it to work on time.

Well eventually Becky started dating Jeff. And because I had been upset and would occasionally vent about Jeff. Yeah I know my mistake but in my defense he was a piece of shit. He was only hired because his dad was good friends with our boss and on his first week he was even late. He was an entitled rich kid who didn't understand work ethics nor cared. Well Becky used it as leverage to tell Jeff everything I said. Even though she said practically said the same things I did if not worse!

She began to berate me at work and pretty much harrass me on a daily basis cause she was just a mean person. One point I told my boss because I was extremely uncomfortable working in that environment. I mean I did my best to ignore her and not talk to her so the situation wouldn't get worse. But she's not the type to get over anything or drop anything.

Then her work production went out the window and so did Jeff because all they did was talk all day. Mind you we work in a small department so it was just us three in one room together. It was awful. Eventually I started counting my work versus theirs and realized I was doing twice as much as them combined. I brought this to my boss's attention along with my Becky harrassing me daily. And you know what his response was, you just need to work harder. Uhm. What?

Yeah that's what I was told. I was furious but I was making good money so leaving was not in my sight. After a few months of dealing with this nonsense, another coworker from a sister company was brought on because of how busy we were. Her name shall be Shannon. Shannon immediately noticed the same things I did about our co-workers. Shannon is also related to the head boss of all the companies. It took another few months before Becky had meltdown and pretty much mother effed my boss while Shannon was there before they decided to put Becky on a leave.

And guess what? They almost brought her back! What stupidity.

Fast forward a year later after Becky was fired and Jeff quit. Well now I work with Jeffs friend. His name shall be Bob. Bob started out a great co-worker. He did everything he could to help out. He put in all the effort I never saw Jeff did. I was always highly impressed with him. So was Shannon. We also recruited someone else into the team. She's one of my best friends and I'll just call her Jane for now. Well eventually our boss started to make us all feel unappreciated. He acted like we weren't putting in enough effort and that our time was being wasted half the day.

Well all of us were extremely upset over this. We were doing everything we could at work to make money for the project we were hired for. It was insulting to be told we weren't doing enough. I mean how is that motivational! It's not. Well Bob did not like this at all. Immediately his work production dropped 50%. All of us noticed besides Shannon. She had too much faith in him for some reason.

Not long after, Bob started calling off or needing to leave early about once every three weeks. Sometimes telling our boss very last second that tomorrow he would need to leave at noon for a doctor's appointment. Uhm hello. Those are made weeks in advance. Then there would be another doctor appointment after another. You would think Bob was dying. Sometimes he wouldn't even clock out! How fair is that?

At that time I worked five days a week and no weekends. Bob and Jane worked four days a week and every other Saturday. I was jealous and overworked all the time and desperately wanted a schedule like that. I was promised one over a year prior but I was too good of a worker to deserve one. Cue the eye roll.

Well a few months later I tell Shannon that I would really like a day off during the week. Well Bob was actually needing a schedule change due to school. So it was perfect, we could easily switch schedules. Only thing was that Bob suddenly got a special little schedule due to school and got a perfect and I mean perfect work schedule. That right there was infuriating. I mean I've been at this place for two years and Jane has for over four and we don't get special schedules. You can only imagine where this is going.

I told Jane that I bet any money Bob will hate working five days in a row and guess what! He started calling off about every two weeks now or at least leaving work early even though his shift ended at an earlier time than all of us. Right around this time I started experiencing horrible morning sickness so him not doing his job made it harder on me. I even had to call off two days in a row cause I thought I had the flu. Bob had the nerve on the second day to call off. It was ridiculous.

As we move forward, things have gotten worse. Especially once I announced my pregnancy. Bob calls off at LEAST once a week. Always last second for things that are not last second. Then he called off three days within four working days. Not to mention Shannon got pulled from our department so now it's always me and Jane picking up the extra work.

We have vented countless times to Shannon about how unfair this is. I went to my boss several times about how unfair it was. We were promised that Bob would soon learn the hard way and would be reprimanded. Well jokes on us.

Just the other day Jane was pulled into my boss's office and pretty much was told to shut up and stop complaining about Bob. That Bob needs us and that we just have to deal with it and pretty much pick up his work.

I was floored. How absolutely condescending of a boss can a boss be? How is that motivational in the least? How can you expect two people to just accept the fact that they get paid the same as Bob but do two or three times the amount of work? We're running million dollar per month business. You would think you would care if one of your workers is slacking! Or at least keep a very watchful eye.

I'm just so angry. I haven't been to work yet since it happened but if they say anything to me, I'm probably going to lose it. I mean one day Bob left me in the department alone for six hours and another week a whole day. I'm pregnant. I thought my life would get semi easier not absolutely ridiculous. I can't fathom how they find this acceptable or how they think this will keep us wanting to stay at our jobs. We're being treated like dog crap and if that's the case, there's no way I'm coming back to that after I have my baby. I'll lose my mind!!!

I'm just so speechless. I cried for several hours because I used to love this job. Now I feel like I'm worthless and that my opinion doesn't matter and my work doesn't matter. I can't live like this. Not while I'm in the works of bringing a little one into the world. I've never been so upset with a job.

But I'm also doing my best to use this as motivation to find a better way to make money so my family has a better life. Right now my boss is showing me that I'll never be successful or happy if I stay there. I get so down every time I think about but I'm trying my best to stay positive for my baby. I just wish I knew that everything was going to be okay. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well thank you for reading my rant. I know it's long. Please tell me about your horrible boss stories. It would make me feel better.

-Kai

5 comments:

  1. Come and see how THOUSAND of individuals like YOU are working for a LIVING from home and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.
    JOIN TODAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Get professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone daily.

    Start following our signals NOW & profit up to 270% a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Searching for the Best Dating Website? Create an account to find your perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FIND OUT How You WILL Master Your Habits And Reprogram The Subconscious Brain To Get Any Result You Want In Your Personal Development and Fulfillment!

    Introducing... Procrastinating Your Procrastination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you need to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete