Sunday, August 16, 2015

PitchWars Mentee Profile: 2015

Hello fellow PitchWars Mentors!

I decided that I should make a little profile about myself just in case any of you are brave enough to research more about me! :)

Well first is first.

My name's Kai (It's my nickname), and I write ya fantasy novels. I started writing in high school because let's face it, high school was hell!!! And I needed to escape from the hell I was living in. And I've never stopped writing since. I've written three novels, and *hopefully* the third is the charm.

Some things you should know about me is that I LOVE cats. Well, and all animals. But cats!



They're so cute. Look at it. LOOK AT IT!



My absolute favorite genre is fantasy. I can't read anything without it! Or write anything without it!

My favorite books/series are:
-The Shiver Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater
(Or anything by Maggie Stiefvater, to be honest!)
-The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
-The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
-The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan
-The Maze Runner by James Dashner

My favorite TV shows are:
-The Walking Dead
-Teen Wolf
-Scream
-How I Met Your Mother
-Supernatural

I also really love anime!
Attack on Titan and Death Note are my faves!

Attack on Titan: Introduction Recap
And yes, my novel is inspired by AoT. I'm sure one of my mentors figured this out!

Sorry if that picture just creeped some of you out. If you've seen the anime, you'll understand!
 
I'm also a huge video game fanatic! Mostly a Nintendo nerd and old school gamer. N64 was my life back in the day and still is. Zelda, anyone? And Banjo-Kazooie? I also love my Kingdom Hearts and older Final Fantasy games (like 6!).



Hm, I'm not sure else what to say about myself. Well, I like to play the piano. I've been cooking since I was 15. I'm a tea person. I hate peanut butter (ugh and Nutella!). And I'm in training to become a pharmacy technician.

Also, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make my manuscript sparkle. I think I have it in a really good state as is, but some polishing it up would make me extra confident!

Well, I think that's it. I'd like to say thanks in advance to everyone who is interested in my manuscript! Even if I don't get picked, I know this contest will be a wonderful experience.

Have a wonderful day!
Kai

No comments:

Post a Comment