Sunday, August 3, 2014

Masala Chai Tea: It's Amazing.

While I was on vacation, I went to an Indian resteraunt and had the best food I've ever had. Other cultures always have way more vegetarian options than any other American ones.

I don't know if you've ever been to Indian resteraunt or any other culture owned one to be exact, but they're quite intidmidating at first. They don't always have a lot of customers, and it's always confusing on if you seat yourself or not. But don't be intimidated, they always have amazing food!

So while we were at this resteraunt, I ordered Palak Paneer. If you've never tried it, you need to now! I have never been more satisfied with a meal than I was on that day, and there was plenty enough for a second dish to take back to the hotel. That made me extra happy.

But the best part of the whole meal was the chai tea. Oh my Lanta. I have never been to heaven (not that I believe in it), but that's the closest I'll ever get to heaven. I am a tea fanatic, if you didn't know, and that tea was blissful. So when I came home, I went on a mission to search for a great chai tea recipe. I did go to Starbucks and bought a chai tea latte but that stuff just can't compare.

Honestly this is the easiest thing I've ever made.

Ingredients: 
-Any and all spices you prefer.
-Water
-Brown Sugar
-Milk

All you need to do is go to your spice cabinet and take out anything that is considered a spice. I used cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, black peppercorns, and cloves. Would've used cardamom, but we didn't have any. I boiled two cups of water and shook in a bit of each spice until it suited my fancy. I then let in steep for a few minutes. Afterwards I added some milk, and voila! You have some amazing masala chai tea.

I used all ground spices, but you could ground your own to make an even more flavorful tea. I didn't use any measurements, but that's just me. I like simple and easy.

Try it for yourself. You'll be hooked, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Looking for the Ultimate Dating Website? Create an account and find your perfect match.

    ReplyDelete