Friday, March 28, 2014

Peanut Butter Dough Recipe

So I had an ingenious idea today.

I've been needing ways to incorporate more healthy foods and calories into my diet, and so far, I've figured out that I should eat a good portion of my calories from fruits and vegetables. Next in line comes legumes.

I have it planned down to eating about 500 calories in fruits and veggies. Another 500 in smoothies. Another 500 in home cooked meals. So where would I get another 500 calories from?

Well lately I've been needing some type of food to take to work. I'm really picky about what I eat there. We do have a microwave, but sometimes certain foods just don't appeal to me. I know, I'm weird.

But I had a brilliant idea while sitting at work. What if I could take peanut butter and mix it with some type of flour? Wouldn't that make a dough, per say?

Well, I tried it, and it's brilliant!

If you mix your favorite peanut butter, and whatever preferable flour you choose. I personally chose oat flour because I'm trying to steer clear of wheat as much as possible.

And voila! You got yourself a peanut butter dough! Kind of like cookie dough, but obviously not cookie dough.

You can add whatever you want to this dough. Protein powder. Chocolate chips. Whatever floats your boat. And you can make the dough as stiff or as light as you'd like. That's the beauty of this recipe! Any recipe that's easily changeable is my kinda recipe.

And you know what else? It's easily fixable in under 5 minutes! Bonus points there.

Plus, you can make as little or as much as possible without doing crazy measurements and scratching your head! Just add flour until it makes a doughy consistency. Beautiful, ain't it?

Now I just need to add some pictures.

Anyone else have simple recipes like this? Preferably snack ones. Sharing is caring!

1 comment:

  1. New Diet Taps into Pioneering Plan to Help Dieters LOSE 23 Pounds in Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete