Friday, March 7, 2014

Happiness: A How To Post

So you've found this blog. There's only one reason you found it: You're unhappy. Or maybe you're trying to cure your rosacea, but that's beside the point.

It sucks to be stuck in that inbetween space. The space where you feel like nobody gives two craps about you and you also don't give two craps as well. You count all the unlucky shit that happens to you. You expect the worst and receive the worst.


I know. I've been there.


So how do you get out of this space?


Maybe you're unhappy because you haven't reached your dreams, hate your job, feel unloved. You basically feel so paralyzed that you don't know what to do.


Well there's only one thing you can do. Stop comparing. Yes, I mean it. I know you do this. I did this way too often. I compared my unlucky streak to the brats around me who got everything in return for giving nothing. Why can't I be that lucky?


To be honest, I bet those people who are so-called lucky aren't so happy either. They just don't express it, and I guess, neither do we. They're a different type of unhappy. A selfish unhappy where they refuse to see how good they have it. Maybe they're tortured by how they got to this point. I don't know. We'll never know.


But all you can do for yourself is get up. Stop laying in bed. Don't think about other people's luck. Just don't. In your head, think about the one thing that makes you happy. It could be anything. A person. A hobby. A pet. You know there's a reason for your existence even if it's not that clear.


Weeks ago I was in your position. Feeling totally worthless and purposeless. Then I had a very scary moment of my life and almost had all my opportunities wiped out from underneath me. I thought about all the stuff I wouldn't have been able to do with my life. All the things I would miss. Most importantly my chance to become an author.


No, this doesn't just automatically happen. It'll take some time. Don't worry. It's okay to be unmotivated and not do things, but don't let this last forever. Give yourself some time to evaluate your life. Think about the things you want to accomplish.


Want out of your corporate job? Then think about your passions. What could you do that could get you out of this corporate job? Aim high in life.


Do you hate living with your parents? One option is college. Not for everyone, but if you have a passion that requires college, then go for it. Or get a job. Something that pays decent enough and room with someone. Do yourself a favor and stop living unhappily.


Maybe your depressed becomes your dreams haven't come true. But there's a reason why we don't accomplish things so fast. If we didn't struggle as much as we do (like authors), then we would have nothing to prove in the end. We would have no hard work to show off to everyone.


I know it seems like the light is so far away, but trust me, it'll come. I once thought I'd never see the light, but I see it heading my way now. It's calling my name, and I'm seeing the opportunities ahead of me.


So here's two quote for you to help your depression:




A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
-Lao Tzu


If life was easy, where would all the adventures be?
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment