Monday, March 10, 2014

Acne & Rosacea: Make-up Tips

For someone who has long dealt with rosacea, I thought I should give my own tips for those of you who are struggling to find balance with such red skin.

My very first tip to give you is to ditch your commercial make-up. No, seriously, do it. First of all, you have no clue what's in that stuff. So many toxins that are aggravating your rosacea even worse. If you don't believe me, I am directing you to my post on scary ingredient in face wash. You need a kick start in opening your eyes to the world: http://kaistclaire.blogspot.com/2013/07/scary-ingredients-in-face-wash-acne.html


If you can handle it, I highly highly suggest to go without make-up for quite a while. This may be easy for some of you if you're in high school and have summer coming soon. But if you have a job, it might not be an option for you. But don't worry, you don't have to ditch make-up altogether to heal your rosacea.


Now that you understand how important it is for you to ditch your crappy make-up, it's time for you to find new make-up. I advise you to go on etsy.com and search on there. Lots of lovely ladies on there have developed some all-natural vegan cosmetics. I've used the brands The All Natural Face as well as Willow Tree Minerals. I highly recommend both.

Why vegan make-up? Do yourself a favor and not harm the animals. Not only are you harming them by buying L'Oreal, who tests on poor animals and makes them suffer, but you could be allergic to those animal products that may be in the make-up. You never know.

So now that you've gone all-natural, I have a few tips.
This one is super important. Do NOT use concealer to cover your rosacea. Just don't do it. It's an awful idea. Not only does it make your face heavy, but it makes it super oily. That was my first mistake with trying to cover my red skin. So what do you do instead? Just cover it with foundation. No, seriously, it works. Try it.

Second of all, use an oil to clean off your make-up. It works wonders. I discuss this here: http://kaistclaire.blogspot.com/2013/09/rosacea-acne-coconut-oil.html

Okay so maybe I lied, I didn't really discuss it there, but I did cover the topic of moisturizing your skin.

And I believe that's all I have to say about make-up for right now. Hopefully you find this useful.

2 comments:

  1. I really think everyone should put makeup less often.

    Good article

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally agree with you there. Some girls look like total clowns, but to them it's "beauty". To me, it's just toxic.

      Delete