Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Weight Gain: My Journey

I know I've been gone for a few months. I've been needing time to recollect my thoughts and put myself together. A lot of stressful things have happened that disrupted my life, but I'm back this time. I plan on staying.

I want to share my journey on gaining weight. There's not much information on the web if you're in desperate need in gaining a few pounds. I would know. I've been looking for a long time, and although I've yet to gain weight, I'm trying my hardest to do so. And as I do gain this weight, I'll share my insight with all of you.


So far, I've discovered it's not as simple as just eating "enough calories". This is a damn lie. It's only partially true. Over the last two weeks, I ate a solid 2k calories. I did gain two pounds, BUT I had to constantly eat all day long. Which is not something I can keep up with. Sometimes I do not have breaks at work, which means I work 5-6 hour shifts without eating more that a few hundred calories.


When I gained those two pounds, I had two days off of work. The day I went back to work, I had eaten 2k calories, but I lost a pound? Now how in the world does that make sense? I ate the same amount of calories all three days, but I lost a pound on the last day?


My theory is that on the first two days I ate all day long, making sure that nothing could be digested or calories burned, but on the third day, I went a long 6 hours with only eating 200 calories. This allowed my body to digest everything I'd eaten.


So I'm concluding that something is wrong with my digestion. I don't think I'm properly absorbing nutrients. I have another reason to believe this. I've been dealing with nonstop constipation for a long time. Constipation that can't be just fixed by simple adding more fiber or drinking more water. Neither work for me.


My plan is to eat a whole foods diet, stray away from processed foods, and eat more nutrient rich things.


I shall share my recipes with you on my journey to weight gain. This will be a long road, but I do not plan to give up.


Some people do not understand why I need to gain weight, but I know that I must. My bones pop out. My body hurts. I know it's because I need more nutrition and muscle/fat on my body.


I hope that you will stay for this journey and see me succeed. Who knows. Maybe you'll succeed as well.

2 comments:

  1. Wanted to stop by and thank you for dropping by Writer's Alley. I love meeting new peeps and chatting.

    So sorry you're going through such a tough time gaining weight. I'm glad you're willing to share your journey here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm always glad to make new friends, especially friends who are in the writing world.

      Delete