Monday, July 29, 2013

Scary Ingredients in Face Wash: Acne & Rosacea

So I just realized how big my post was for Proactiv. I've had over 200 views of it, my most popular post I have. That's crazy! I'm still trying to figure out how to draw you readers in. Blogging isn't my forte, but I'd love to make this blog something worthwhile for you guys to enjoy.

I'm still baffled at this moment.

But I'm digressing. I'd like to talk further on my rosacea problems. I developed rosacea about 5 years ago when I was 14. It happened suddenly after I used Proactiv, which I deem as the number one culprit for my rosacea acne. Before I used it, my acne was not as bad as my mind made it out to be. Only a few pimples here and there.

I know my stress didn't help, and neither did lathering up on commercial face washes since I was 12-years-old.

Why are commercial face washes bad for your skin?

Go to your bathroom, pick up your favorite face wash, like Neutrogena or whatever it is. Now go to the ingredients. What do you see? Can you pronounce half of those ingredients? Do you even know what they are?

If you don't know what it is, then why are you using it? Because everyone else does? Well, don't be stupid like the rest of society.

Here are some reasons why you should never use something unless you understand what it's made of:

1st of all, there are some scary ingredients in face wash: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Steareth 21, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Panthenol, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 6, Red 40, Fragrance 

This list was pulled from Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser. http://www.neutrogena.com/product/oil-free+acne+wash+pink+grapefruit+cream+cleanser.do?sortby=ourPicks

Now come one, what do you know that's in there besides water? Like what the hell is PPG 15 Stearyl Ether?

Well, let's find out with some googling.


"PPG 11 Stearyl Ether is considered a low hazard ingredient by the Cosmetics Database, which only notes ecotoxicology hazards and data gaps as concerns. It is not easily absorbed by the skin, and is although PPG butyl ethers, one of its components, are a concern, they are easily processed by the metabolism and eliminated as waste in the urine (RealSelf.com)."


Oh really now, it's considered low hazard? Take out the low, and it's still hazardous. Now why would you want to put something like that on your skin? What makes you think it'll help clean up your acne if it's hazardous, even if to a small degree? Why the hell is it even there?

This is why you can't trust skin care companies. They'll feed you products that are toxinous, which actually cause pimples. Sorry to let you know that, but it's true.

Alrighty, let me give you a picture right here. Imagine those toxins, which PPG whatever isn't the only one in there. Imagine all of those little toxins floating in your system. Now imagine eating more toxins from commercial food, it's in there too, just look up those pesky ingredients. Your lymphatic system is the fluid system running like a stream in your body. It picks up all those toxins and transfers them to your liver. But guess what, your liver is backed up by toxins already. All of this processed food we eats, feeds up toxins, and because the food is processed at such high temperatures with toxinous ingredients, the food is deemed as dead. And if the food is deemed as dead and toxinous, there's no way for your liver to get rid of it because it's not getting the proper nutrition. 

And since there are more and more toxins being fed to your body every single day, they just keep circulating in your lymphatic system, so your body panics and tries to get rid of it...through your skin. Which is why you get pimples.

Scary eh?

So how do you get rid of the toxins? By proper nutrition.

My next post will be more on toxins, and I'll have a post about Bentonite Clay too.
 

5 comments:

  1. Excellent post, i never use any of these products except for my tooth-paste, i choose one without fluor if possible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!

      I don't even use toothpaste anymore! I just brush my teeth with some oil of oregano since its way better at killing off bacteria.

      Delete
  2. Many modern men use a face wash for men. After all, keeping the face bright makes you presentable. Washing faces is the best way for this. Many men wash the face with water and use soap. Use of soap for the face is not recommended because it contains ingredients that can damage the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that every bettor must watch this,

    Watch this or stop betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete