Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Digestive Problems: More Common than thought?

Ever since I was a young girl, my stomach has always given me such horrible problems. I would eat a slight amount in the morning and be in tremendous pain a few minutes later. So eating breakfast wasn't my thing.

Present day. I thought my digestive system was pretty good for a long time until recently my bowel movements have almost disappeared. I've tried lots of things, like adding more fruits. Eating less. Drinking more water. Drinking chia/flax mixtures for added fiber. However I have yet to try psyllium; it's just too expensive for me right now.

Every once in a while, a nice cup of hot tea does the trick and pushes things out. On a good day though. I thought being a vegetarian had fixed so many problems I once had, but now life is turning back on me.

I do have to admit that I don't eat the best of all vegetarians. I still eat slight amounts of dairy. I eat processed junk foods. I get angry with myself for it, too. I'm always feeling like crap, and I know it's from eating this way. I can just tell every time after I eat. But I'm so swamped with life, from going to high school and having a job, that I have no time for anything. And having hardly any energy and feeling sleep deprived constantly does not help.

I feel stuck in this portion of my life. I want clear skin so badly. My skin has been getting worse from my bad eating habits, and it eats me from the inside out. My weight keeps fluctuating, and I know eating dead processed foods will never give me enough nutrition to gain weight. But I so want to gain weight. I hate having my bones poke out and having a hard time falling asleep because my body feels uncomfortable. Sometimes I feel cursed.

But I know I have to start trying in order for things to get better. I need to feed myself better. I need to get my digestive system to start working properly again, but I have no clue how to.

But one thing I'm sure of is that I'm not alone in this battle of digestive problems. And I know the problem that caused it: the SAD (Standard American Diet). I mean, why would dead foods filled with chemicals help my body? And why would dairy, something not meant to be consumed by humans and devoid of all its nutrition due to pasteurization do crap for me either? I know I'm killing my body, and it's showing the signs: bad digestive system, bad skin, lack of energy, unable to absorb nutrients.

My motivation is so low though. When life just swerves downward, which it has been doing more than ever lately, I have no will to do anything. I just want this portion of my life to be over so I can move on and be happy, happier than I ever thought I could be.

But I'm digressing. I know others have digestive problems too. Every day in school, I hear kids complain about their stomachs. And I mean a lot. This diet is tearing apart our bodies, and I need to break away from it. I want to embrace a vegan high raw diet so badly. It's all I've ever wanted for quite a long time now.

Does anyone have suggestions to help push me in the right direction? How can I help my digestive system?
Just trying to get through life, even though it's rough-Kai

3 comments:

  1. I never could eat breakfast as a kid either because of the same reason. Milk in the morning still does that to me sometimes, although I don't have a lactose problem.
    I've noticed that with increasing age, the digestive system strikes more and more. Drinking lots of tea (herbal) helps me, and keeping a normal diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, more wheat bread than white and all those other good things. Although I'm not a vegetarian, I keep my meat consume down and take a Tablespoon of molasses every morning (iron ;) ).
    But I've also learned that stress and lack of excercise bothers my stomach too.
    Here's wishing that you're doing better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I never heard of taking molasses for iron! That's actually a pretty good idea.

      Yesterday, I tried getting more oils into my diet, thinking that could possibly be affecting me, and I ended up with horrible cramps in the middle of the night! It was awful. It felt exactly like I had done a salt water flush which actually opens up the flow, but this time, it felt like everything became trapped. It was awful.

      If things get better, I'll let you know, especially if I find an answer to my problem.

      Delete
  2. New Diet Taps into Innovative Plan to Help Dieters LOSE 15 Pounds within Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete