Thursday, August 9, 2012

Microwave Cookie & Pictures of Proactiv Effected Skin.

Okay, first of all, I absolutely hate using microwaves. With a huge passion. So why the hell am I using a microwave? Because I don't always follow my own rules. And because I was craving chocolate chip cookies to the extreme in the middle of the night and didn't want to bake a huge batch and wait forever.

So I was determined to find a simple recipe to suit my cravings that night. I searched and searched through the web until I finally stumbled across this recipe I'm about to give you. And I'll also provide a vegan version below because I hate using eggs, and using one egg for a measly little recipe seems like wasting, IMO.

So here's the original recipe, provided by http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2012/03/chocolate-chip-cookie-in-cup.html

1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
1 Tablespoon of firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
3 Drops of Vanilla Extract
Small Pinch of Kosher Salt
1 Egg Yolk (discard the egg white)
Scant 1/4 of All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips


 Directions:
Melt the butter in a microwave safe mug. Add sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir. Add egg yolk. Stir again. Then add all purpose flour. Stir again. Then add chocolate chips. Now microwave for about 45 seconds.




Taken with my phone camera. It's hard to see. Sorry about that.

Here's how it turned out for me, although you can't really see the chocolate chips cause I don't like a lot of them. 



Now here's the vegan version I've been trying to perfect.

1 tablespoon margarine
1 tablespoon Demarara sugar (basically natural brown sugar)
1 tablespoon Natural sugar
A few drops maple syrup or vanilla
pinch of salt
1 & 1/2 tablespoons flax goop*
1/4 cup flour
Chocolate Chips

* The flax goop is made by soaking 5 tablespoons of flax seed in two cups of warm water overnight. Or you can heat it up in the microwave until it's goopy like I did. You can also cut the flax recipe in half if you don't want too much.


Much different than a regular cookie.


Here's the picture for this recipe. It looks different than the regular version but it still suits my taste buds.
Also, I tried using banana as an egg substitute, but it provides too much banana flavor and ruins the whole thing. Although it did give it a nice fluffy texture.





On another note, I'm deciding to post pictures related to my Proactiv and Rosacea post.

I will show you the transition in my skin, but I'm going to cover part of my face cause I'm not comfortable with showing who I am, quite yet. haha.

Here's a photo of me a few months ago (Actually around 6 months ago. Actually it might have been last summer considering I have a tank top on, and in the below photo, I have my new picture on the wall which I didn't get till Christmas, and it's not in this top one.), maybe. My skin isn't as bad as it once was, I admit. But to me, it's still pretty bad, though not severe.

EEK! Stars for eyes.
Here's the current me. Skin looks way better now.


See what Proactiv does to your skin? Now run away from it, as far far away as you can get.

So what's my new skin care routine? Nothing. Zip. Zilch. I refuse to use anything. I just allow my skin to take over, and it's done quite well if you ask me. I mean, you can see for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog and I have to agree that Proactiv is evil, especially for those with already super-sensitive skin and who now suffer from Rosacea too like I do. I'll have to read more of your other posts when I have time later. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is! But the sad thing to realize is that they're not truly that evil. We, as a society, are dumb enough to buy products without realizing they're evil. I mean, it's not like they hide their ingredients from us. Hell, they're right on the list of ingredients! But they do dupe us, and that's not very nice of them. Maybe they should incorporate people on their commercials dumping gas on their skin? Oh, but that would be too horrifying even though that's one of the ingredients, I bet.

      Ignorance is bliss in the eyes of society.

      Delete