Monday, March 5, 2012

Role Models.

I don't know about you, but I haven't seen too many great role models in the celebrity world lately. Most singers sing about sex, drugs, and money, on radios that teenagers, I repeat teenagers, listen to all the time. These kids don't even know what the hell they're even listening to, yet they keep singing all the words to all the songs.

And it's not even just singers. MTV promotes the Jersey Shore which the cast gets paid to get drunk off their asses and have sex. Teenagers watch that, and the rave about it. Wonderful thing for this generation to watch, right? They all end up getting the wrong impression of life and what's important.

Now maybe 90% of the celebrity world is a bad influence, but not all of it is. I personally have to favorite influential teen celebs: Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift.

First of all, Taylor Swift is a wonderful, and I mean wonderful, role model. She sings about true love, and everything about her music is innocent. There's such purity to her voice that she reaches out to teen girls, and I'm glad she's famous. She deserves every bit of it, and she doesn't flaunt it off. She's also always dresses so classy, never slutty. I love that about her.

Second of all, Ariana Grande plays Kat off of Victorious. She's the only reason I even watch that show. She's a wonderful actress, and she can sure as hell sing. I looked her up on youtube, and her voice is amazing. Plus, she doesn't sing for the money. She covers famous songs just to sing, no money involved whatsoever. Her singing is pure, raw talent, and I admire her for it. I'm glad she's striving to be the best.


3 comments:

  1. You've got a point, on holiday a year or so ago we saw kids (under 12) dancing and singing along to Rihanna's 'S&M'...just didn't seem right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things like that make me cringe, especially when they're singing along to songs like that.

      Reminds me of when I went to a Hollywood Undead concert over the summer, and if you don't know them, they cuss insanely in every song and its always about drugs and sex. Well, parents brought their 7 year old children there, and I couldn't believe it. What kind of world is this turning into?

      Delete
  2. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Get professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone every day.

    Follow our signals today and profit up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete