Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Book.

One of my favorite authors, Maggie Stiefvater, is coming out with a new book, called The Raven Boys. If you've never heard of her before, she wrote The Shiver Trilogy, Lament, Ballad, and The Scorpio Races. She's a wonderful writer, and the whole reason I began writing in the first place. When I read Shiver, which is about a girl who watches the wolves in her back woods and falls in love with one of the werewolves, it impacted me in a way I can't explain. It made me want someone to have such deep emotions about my first book which I began writing two years ago.

Anyways, her style is much different from others. Her stories aren't too complicated. They are about real life things, but with paranormal elements such as fairies, werewolves, and water horses. She has wonderful imagery and can impact you so hard with her stories. I cried in most of her books. And she doesn't write for the money. She pitched out one of her drafts once because she hated it that much. She didn't want to feed her readers with something unworthy. I respect her for that.

Well, her new series, which will have 4 books, is coming out soon, well the first one at least. I'm not quite sure what it's about, but it sounds pretty cool. Again, it's called the Raven Boys.



And did I forget to mention that I'm now reading the Hunger Games. Well, I am, and so far am in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment