Friday, March 23, 2012

Lucky 7





Since I've seen so many of these posts lingering around on my friend's blogs, I decided to do this post since I failed to come up with another short story for Friday. I'm hoping this makes up for it since I am taking an excerpt from my current novel, The Wanted Rose. It's a young adult science fiction romance which is still in the editing stages. I've been editing this thing for over 4 months, and I'm still not done!


The rules for the Lucky Seven Meme are:

1. Go to the 77th page of your current manuscript.

2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy the next 7 lines, sentences or paragraph, and post them as they are written.
4. Tag 7 others and let them know.


From The Wanted Rose:

     Finally, I found something to take my thoughts off Kinset: my ship. The engine roared to life as I turned on the ignition and off I went, humming to the sound of the revving, wishing I had someone to race with. The galaxy sparkled with thousands of dots, twinkling in a pattern like a cadence to the engine. I smiled as Earth came closer,  the blue sky swirling into view below me. My heart pounded with glee, and then a noise came from behind me. I looked over my shoulder. Covered in ropes, Tyke sat in the back of the ship. “What the…” A hand clasped over my mouth, locking my words in.

2 comments:

  1. Woah! Nice place to stop! Great cliff-hanger in such a small excerpt! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so happy when I saw it end on a cliffhanger. Strange how it worked out that way.

      Delete