Sunday, February 5, 2012

I'm back.

It seems as if I've been neglecting my livejoural. I've been busy with school lately, and I feel bad for neglecting all of you whom have read my posts. So to make it up to you, I'm going to start posting short stories every once in a while so you can have a look at my writing.

And with my novel. This is a big hectic mess. I'm sort of leaning towards self-publishing now because I've done the pros and cons, and overall, self-publishing seems like a much better choice. My reasons exactly? Well, I would get total control over my own novel, which is something I'd love to have. I would get to decide how the inside text and cover would look like. I may not get foreign editions, but I would be selling my own work.

But it's kind of a scary thought at the same time because I always wanted to get an agent and know whether my work was truly good enough. So I'm going to post short stories and see whether you guys think my writing is up to par and whether you would want to read a story written by me.

If I do go the self-publishing route, I won't be publishing it until the summer, and to me, it's not about the money, so I don't care if I only get a few fans. I just want fans, and I want control over how my book will look and when my other novels will be done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment